Happy reading:)

Wednesday 27 May 2015

JAPAN Day 10

Japan day 9. Wooo. 4th day of Shine!
Wow was it amazing!
I write this and I sound pumped, because I am so excited for what God did today. But I am also super tired! Another 28 degree day here. So it was hot, but I'm not complaining about the sunshine!! I love it!

This morning we heard from Ben Jack. Who is a Christian DJ over in the UK. Was awesome to hear his perspective and response to outreach! We then prayed for Japan as a nation, that God would touch them!
 We also did worship and prayer as a team.

 Praying before we started the day. We split up into 3 groups today and just walked around different areas of Yokohama.
 Pam praying for us before we went out.

 The tourists and locals here were fascinated by the music and also the blond hair! It is rare in Japan. #5minutesoffame.

 Matay filming encounters and getting footage of what God is doing. He does a wonderful job!

 Worshipping on the streets of Yokohama.

 More photos with random people!

 Pam, Kateh and myself.

 Pam is so much fun! Full of so much laughter and light. My goodness! So awesome to meet people from the other side of the world and serve with them!
 Local school kids speaking English with us for an assignment.  Not quite sure what Tay is doing!

 The wonderful and amazing Kateh. Another sneaky photo by myself. I just want to say how awesome she is, and how much she means to me. Would not be the person I am today without her craziness and encouragement!

Today's outreach was so great in the area we were in. The team I was in walked around a park near the water. We handed out flyers and wristbands and spoke to some people! For myself, I have really found it hard to reach the Japanese people because it is hard to have a conversation with them- not knowing the language. So this morning I was praying that God would still use me here.
Also handing out testimonies (the flyers) and wristbands isn't creating that relationship and connection I feel like I would need to tell them about God. But this all changed when I met Tsuta. (Don't ask me how to pronounce it).

I really felt lead to talk with her. She was just passing by the music that some of the team were playing (above photos). I went up to her and said 'Hi' in Japanese, and tried to start a conversation. With the little English she knew and then general hand conversations she told me she was a native Japanese. And that she walked along the water everyday! She really wanted to chat, as she kept talking to me in Japanese. I just kept nodding haha but was trying my best to understand. I gave her a wrist band, and said it was like mine. She was so thankful that I had given her something. This is when Nailer (guys from brazil, living in Japan) came across to help translate. From there on through translation we had a massive conversation. I told her why I was in Japan, and doing mission. And that God loved her. She didn't know God- but had remembered that 3 years ago, she had heard about Christianity. This opened a whole window. I then asked if she needed prayer for anything and she politely refused. She then told me how she was scared of dying, because she didn't know where she would go after death. I explained the Gospel and told her how she can have life through Jesus and believing in Him. John 3:16
I then asked if I could pray for her, and she allowed me to. I just prayed for peace over her. I felt a sense of loneliness too, so I told her that in and with Jesus she is never alone. And God is with her!

She really opened up to me after this. The conversation went on and I found out she was 82 years old, she has lived where she is now for the last 50 years, and has lived in Japan her whole life. When she was here in WW2 and was very poor & She used to have hardly any clothes and didn't own much at all. She also had a bad relationship with her Mother. Her Mother also died when she was 14. She has never married and no had children or family left near her. The only family she has is her sister who lives 4 hours away. She is completely alone! But she said when she felt alone and sad she would think of her Mother on her death bed and holding her hand.. to make herself feel better. That had been her hope... for the last 70 or so years!  Wow. By this point I was in tears! My heart broke for this woman, who was scared and had so much loneliness. She said she as waiting to die. And had no hope or joy a lot of her life!
Wow! I honestly didn't know what to say, other then the fact that God loves her, and through Him she can have joy and peace!
She started to tear up too, and was blessed by me just listening and being touched by her story!
She then started saying how when she gives now to people who need help, or has done in the past, they haven't received it well. The Japanese are very prideful and respectful. So when Tsuta had tried to give and be kind, people wouldn't accept her love of giving. She was also deeply hurt that she had never received much love and people hadn't received the love she had to offer.
Man oh man.
She was crying, I was crying!
After talking more about God and what it means to know him and follow him,  I then asked if she wanted to giver her life to God.
 She repeated after me in a simple form (translation is harder so we had to make it simple)
"Dear God, thank-you for loving me, thank-you that you know me, thank-you that you have been with me all these years, thank-you for sending your Son to die for my sins, I accept you as my Lord and believe in you. Amen"

AMEN IS RIGHT! She gave her life to God, she is now free from worry and a life full of emptiness. She has eternal life and freedom in the Kingdom of God!
How good is our God.
She said she was so blessed by speaking with me, as I was touched by speaking and hearing about her story. She said she rarely says nice things because of all the hurt she has had, but now she has joy! So much joy. Yay Jesus!

This is common in Japan, so many people (especially old people) are lost and without hope. And like Tsuta- are waiting to die. It is so sad! So it was awesome to be apart of that and lead someone that doesn't speak my language and is 61 years older then me to the Lord!

Laura and Chris doing worship. So so good!
 Telling the locals about Jesus!

 The team back together after worship telling testimonies. 3 people gave their lives to god today! Just by being out there for 2 hours.

After we then had a night of prayer and worship. We heard from Lee and Carla. Two fellow Australians that also have a heart for Japan.

Quite a massive day over here! So encouraged how God can use me just by stepping out, even when I don't know the language or there are so many opportunities. I spoke to a lot of people today who are open to listen, but are just being respectful. Respect is massive in Japan, such an honourable city. But even though I was finding it hard to communicate,  God still used me!
As I knew He would. Just in a way I didn't expect.

Need sleep now! Jess is already passed out- it has been a long day.
Hope home is swell!

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment